Wednesday, March 22, 2006

This Just In: THK Apparently Stops Kids from Killing Themselves

No surprise, really - have you ever seen her with those Kids for Kerry members? They freaking LOVE her.

In all seriousness, Teresa Heinz Kerry will receive the Aaron T. Beck Award for Excellence in the Field of Suicide Prevention at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) Aaron T. Beck Awards Dinner in a couple of weeks, and we are just delighted.

On a personal note, I may no longer be part of that all-too-troubled adolescent demographic, but since I certainly know how to act as though I were, I feel compelled to admit that THK (along with her husband, of course) is certainly on the Short List of Folks Who Stop Democrafty from Doing Herself In. I don't know if it's her pretty hair, her unique approach to political life, or her radical and clearly subversive agenda of helping people and trying to make their lives better, but she's doing something right, because every time I think of this sentiment from the Kerry/Heinz Kerry holiday card - "We have great hope for our country knowing you are there" - I am tempted to send one along that reads, "I refrain from gargling Windex because you are there."

Not being any sort of foundation unto myself, I can't present anybody with an award for making me want to live to blog another day - at least, not without seeming stalkerish and annoying - so I'll leave it at this: life is full of sadness and pain. I blog here because it's actually pretty rare to see somebody doing something about it. So, till next time, do me a favor: spread some love, and lay off the Windex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home