Monday, April 17, 2006

Sorry, Senator. We love you more.

I got back from vacation just as the Senators were leaving for theirs. Lucky for me, while my idea of a vacation involves flying to Florida, maxing out my credit card on Lilly Pulitzer and umbrella drinks, and rereading a very select cache of news magazine back-issues, one Mr. Kerry of Massachusetts likes to spend his time off Meeting the Press, organizing small business expos (the lovefest continues!) and stumping for his colleagues.

The Senator also, from what I understand, issued and invitation to his constituents to join him at Faneuil Hall this weekend "for a discussion of what is
happening to our democracy when dissent - the right of patriotic people to
speak out - is under assault." Click for more info, or to RSVP.

I would love to attend this event (and report back on the Senator's choice of tie), but, as always, I will be thousands and thousands of miles away, but word on the street (or Democratic Underground) is that, if we all ask REALLY nicely, C-SPAN will send cameras and air the event!

Here's the low-down on where to threaten, cajole, and/or plead from c-span.org:

PROGRAMMING QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Viewer Services: Questions about our schedule, how to buy videotapes, and for any other general comments about C-SPAN - viewer@c-span.org

Suggest Events: Submit a public event that you think C-SPAN should cover - events@c-span.org


You can also call C-SPAN at (202) 737-3220.

Remember, the public event in question will be John Kerry's speech at Faneuil Hall 10:30 AM Saturday morning on April 22nd, and not, like, the Viking Obstacle Course show. There were already cameras there. (I know, because I watched that when I should have been reviewing The New War. Sorry, everybody.)

Finally, as a co-founder of a blog dedicated to loving John Kerry, I'd be remiss if I didn't link to his declaration of love for the bloggers.

It's tough to type and swoon, so I'll leave you with a picture of JK poised for hugging, taken by the very talented JW Walthall. You can see more amazing shots here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home