Tuesday, May 16, 2006

JK at Emerson College: Video!


Graduating seniors at Emerson College yesterday were treated to that special blend of mouth-watering hunkiness and soul-stirring patriotism that only John Kerry can provide. JK, looking resplendent in formal robes and towering over everyone else on the stage (of course), delivered a call to idealism and action. None of the Emerson girls threw panties -- I suppose they're too serious-minded for that, alas -- but several looked as if they wanted to.

For those who were unable to attend this august occasion or catch the live webstream yesterday, we have a WeLoveJohnKerry exclusive: video! The file is a bit large (almost 60MB), so it'll take a few moments to download, but that's the price we pay for decent resolution. (I should warn you that they broadcast the audio at very low volume, but the audio track is there, I swear. Just crank your speakers up to hear that lovely baritone voice.)

Click to download the video.

Oh, and let me take this opportunity to introduce myself: I'm DreamingofKerry (DK for short). I'm a fanatical JK supporter (but then, aren't we all?), and I'm very happy to be joining Democrafty and Kerryvisionary to help bring you the latest in Kerry-squee. I chose the name DreamingofKerry because to me, it alludes to what being a Kerry fangirl is all about: daring to dream that the patriotic ideals JK talks about will carry the day, that our country will get back on the right track, that our long national nightmare will come to an end and we can once again dream of a bright future. Naturally this includes high hopes for another Kerry run in 2008, but I'm an impatient sort -- I want Kerry's vision to become our national vision, and his dream to become our reality, *right now*. So I'm DreamingofKerry, and I'm very glad to have the opportunity to participate in this lovely blog.

6 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Democrafty said...

Welcome and YAY!!! There sure is a lot of towering over people to chronicle. Thanks for helping us to bring the squee!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger KerryDem said...

Thank you so much for the video. All I can say is how could anyone not love that guy , that is the guy I voted for and still support 100%. He has charm, wit, intelligence, hair, and oh that voice..

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger GV said...

Thank you for posting this, DK. Wonderful, fun speech, and the Senator looked great! Kids of all ages just seem to love JK, don't they? What a reception they gave him!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Kerryvisionary said...

Welcome from me, too! We know your unique brand of inspiration will add much to the mix here!

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Vektor said...

Thank you for this great video! Man, I love that guy!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger DynamicDems said...

He he! That was a departure from his recent speeches for sure. It was great.

DK, thank you so much for posting the video. It is so much better than just reading the speech.

And congrats on your exclusive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home