Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tie Day: Reading is sexy edition

Reading is sexy, and there's a t-shirt to prove it.

Exhibit A: This pic from Friday, of John Kerry with Douglas Brinkley's new book,
The Great Deluge : Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast tucked under his arm. (And Douglas Brinkley tucked nowhere, but wearing a fetching necktie. He must have known it was Tie Day.)


The book doesn't come out until Tuesday, but since JK was the subject of another Brinkley book, I guess I can't begrudge him his advanced copy.

(Truth be told, I can't begrudge him much of anything when he's wearing that graph paper shirt. Also - and it might seem totally obsessive to fangirl somebody's biographer, but I always forget how cute Douglas Brinkley is. For his part, let me say that writing is sexy, too.)

If you want to be sexy on your own before The Great Deluge hits the shelves, there's always Senator Kennedy's new book, which actually cost me $10 more at my local bookstore than it does on Amazon, but that's okay, because Kerry fans support small businesses!
And for free online, Bob's thoughts on The Imperial Presidency make for good, thought-provoking, start-the-week-off-ready-to-fight-evil reading.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger BobsAdvice said...

Democrafty,

Thank you for the link. John Kerry is so right for America where everything is going so wrong! Keep the faith!

Bob

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger DynamicDems said...

Graph paper shirt! LOL! Yes, the shirt is attractive. And yes, so is Mr. Brinkley. I must admit, never before in my life have I thought of ties as attractive, but I'm being won over...especially by blue ones.

Can't wait to add this book to my collection...and to read it too. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home